![]() |
| image from Magnific.com |
the headache continues with the stairs up to the roof space *sigh*
I've had this metal spiral staircase in my stash for, quite literally, years but have never got round to actually using it. It is nicely detailed and I've been tempted to make use of it in Brunswick House but something about the style doesn't seem quite "right" to be honest ๐คท
Admittedly, it does fit on the landing very nicely and there are a couple of ways I could sensibly position it.
It doesn't interfere with any of the doors on the landing, nor with folk walking up the stairs from the ground floor.
In fact, it would be the ideal solution.....if I could only get the thought of a wooden, more "square" staircase, up to the loft out of my head. Just by looking at the space available, though, I really don't think I can realistically make such a staircase work. I've even bought three (I know, I know, but hopefully I'll make use of them somewhere else at some point in my dolls house building career๐) other spiral staircase kits to see if I like them any better ~ which I don't ๐
image from The Dolls House Emporium
All things considered, I think this may have to be one of the compromises I make to create the room spaces that I want in the house. I will definitely have to make alterations to the roof to make the space in the loft properly useable. I'm leaning towards creating large dormer windows on both this (staircase) side of the house, as well as at the back.
I'm also considering altering the roof section at the front of the house a little. At the moment the piece above the top bay window is simply glued to the roof which of course means that there is nothing behind it, just unreachable empty space! I think I may cut out the section of the actual roof that this piece sits on to create some storage space. I have seen another Mountfield alteration where this front piece of the roof has been cut out and a window fitted behind the gable piece. I did consider this as a possibility but in the end decided that adding two large dormer windows would be sufficient for both light and headroom. I also suspect that Ephemy and Susannah would much prefer some additional storage space ๐

No comments:
Post a Comment